How is this website made?
I made this site using:
- Hugo - a static site generator that converts my markdown source files into this website.
- Learn - a theme for Hugo which provides this sweet design and other functions.
- Typora - for actually typing up all of the content you see here in markdown.
- Netlify - which hosts this site (and so many others) for free!
- And Visual Studio Code for some theme and Hugo source files editing.
The process is pretty simple:
- For every page I'd like, I write down a markdown file in Typora.
- Then I run the Hugo executable to compile the new markdown files into web pages.
- Then I just commit my static files to my GitHub repo, which Netlify automatically deploys to my website.
Pretty sweet, huh? I think so too. And it's free! And secure!